Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 2: What is Library 2.0 Anyway?

There are a lot of things to think about when reading about and viewing information about library 2.0. The one thing that was going through my mind was.. boy, do I have to change my thinking and do I have a lot to learn.

This is probably the main reason why I signed up for 23 things. To see what Library 2.0 was about, I have never blogged before and am totally against social networking, but... maybe my mind can be changed.

There are many changes that could come about with Library 2.0. Most of the information came from public libraries. I am thinking and wondering how it will affect school libraries, and especially those in the inner city where kids do not have access to computers at home. Some do not have cell phones or access in ways that most people take for granted. Some parents still think that kids should not be using the internet for research, let alone, blogging or social networking or anything like that.

I think it will take some librarians to change their thinking and maybe access to the web. Hmm, maybe, Facebook needs to be checked out??

No comments: