Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 18: Discover YouTube and Google Video

What I have seen on YouTube is not anything I would be remotely interested in. However, when I went to Google video, I found a copy of the Last Lecture. The Last Lecture was given by a dying professor and his story has recently been on Oprah and Primetime. I was able to watch this vide and found it quite moving.

It is possible that it is easier for students to use Google video as it will not be blocked as YouTube is in our district. I would prefer that students produce their own videos and use them as they need to.

I have also found that many videos on the internet are not things that I wish for my own children to see let alone those I am teaching. However, things on specific sites, like PowerMedia or United Streaming are better for teaching.

No comments: